While applying for Inner Line Permit (ILP) for Arunachal Pradesh, I had also applied for Nagaland Inner Line Permit as I wanted to visit Mon and Longwa and a little beyond that, during the Aaoling festival before heading to Basar for the Mopin festival this year (more on the
festivals festival later). While I had wanted to apply the Arunachal Pradesh ILP offline because my travel plan in the state involved inter-district travel, for Nagaland I had planned to apply the ILP online as my plan here was pretty straightforward. But that was not to be.
How To Get Inner Line Permit For Nagaland and Types of Inner Line Permits for Nagaland
For easier segregation of the people visiting the state, the government of Nagaland issues Inner Line different categories. Here, however, I will only be talking here about my experience in getting Nagaland ILP for tourists. I have also shared details about how to apply inner line permit for Mizoram, in case you are interested.
Documents required for Nagaland ILP
- Any govt. issued photo identity card (Voter Id card, Pan Card, Driving License, etc.) – 1 copy.
- A passport photo with a white background. – 2 copies.
What is the fee for Nagaland ILP?
- The application fee for Nagaland Inner Line Permit, if you apply at the Nagaland House Guwahati, is Rs. 50/-.
How long does it take to get the ILP?
- It takes one working day to get the permit in your hands. The permit application must be submitted before 12 PM.
- The Nagaland House located at 6th mile on the GS Road, Guwahati, which issues the permit remains open on 1st and 3rd Saturdays.
Nagaland Online ILP vs Nagaland Offline ILP
Like I have mentioned above, I had applied my ILP online. However, even after two days, there was no update on my application so I decided to call the Nagaland house only to find out that the Guwahati office does not process online applications. After this, I finally applied offline.
If you don’t want to do all this yourself and just want to worry about how you are going to enjoy your trip to Nagaland, just drop a note here.
Got any questions about ILP for Nagaland? Feel free to leave your questions in the comments section below.
[Update: March 2020]
As of now, the issuing of all Nagaland Inner Line Permit for tourists has been stopped until further notice. This is due to the COVID-2019 outbreak.